Do you have an extensive collection of games?

thepieeatingjay

Registered
Nov 6, 2014
Like many people, I've been gaming from the Atari days onward. With that, I've built up a huge collection of games. I still have all my games from Atari, NES, Sega Master System, Genesis, SNES, PS1, PS2, and Gamecube. I'm actually going to start looking at how much it's worth.

Reactions: Hank
I grew up in the Atari era as well, and I had a massive collection. From atari 2600, 5 different sega systems, Xbox, and the PS3. But what I've been doing over the years is that whenever I upgraded to a new system I usually gave away my outdated system to my nephews. After that, god knows where they went to. However I did start to buy used games off of ebay. Nostalgia rules.

Reactions: pandabear1991
I've mostly kept to a few games per platform (some N64 games, some Gamecube games, games for various portable platforms and quite alot of PC games), but nothing like the collection some of my friends have built up over the years. I don't think it's worth anything so I'd rather keep them to be able to play what will eventually become old-school games when I'm like 78.

I don't because I've already lost all of my older consoles and games for one reason or another. I never was that good with taking care of my things and having moved many times when I was younger made it all the more difficult for me to keep track. I'm keeping an eye on my ps3 though and I surely will try to keep this one for the future because I already regret not being able to play on my ps2 or my Sega Genesis when I get the itch.

I have an extensive collection of Mario games: From Super Mario World to Super Mario Galaxy, I'm probably one of the biggest Mario fans you'll meet! My favorite Mario game of all time will always be Super Mario Sunshine; I remember me and my sister used to play that game together almost every weekend (taking turns), and the ending to the game was so emotional too!

I have an insane amount of games all together ranging from all of my consoles. I have a lot of handhelds and consoles both old and new, so my collection is quiet varied. Between all of my systems I probably have more than 500 games, with my PS2 having the most at over 100. The least amount of games I have ever owned for a system however was the N64 where I only had 1 game and that was Legend of Zelda:Ocarina of Time.

I started to become a gamer when I first gotten a Sega Genesis for my 5th birthday. I played Sonic on that system every single day. I had collected around 60+ games for it before I ended up selling most of my games. I think I still have the console in storage.

After that, I started to do the same with my PlayStation One. My father would always buy me games he thought I might like or find interesting and he was right 95% of the time when he got me games. Now, My collection is more on PC than anything.

I grew up from the original Nintendo and onward but I've collected as far back as Pong consoles. I definitely find more time to collect things then I do to play them nowadays and have things ranging from that era to now. I even go out of my way to collect the less known things and their games like Philips CD-i, Turbografx, Neo Geo Pocket Color and Wonderswan whether the games are good, bad, cheap, or expensive. I've never counted my collection but it filled somewhere between 15-20 boxes when I recently moved.

I grew up from the original Nintendo and onward but I've collected as far back as Pong consoles. I definitely find more time to collect things then I do to play them nowadays and have things ranging from that era to now. I even go out of my way to collect the less known things and their games like Philips CD-i, Turbografx, Neo Geo Pocket Color and Wonderswan whether the games are good, bad, cheap, or expensive. I've never counted my collection but it filled somewhere between 15-20 boxes when I recently moved.

Nice, a real collector here! You know, I've got a collector in my town who has a kind of shop with a lot of retro games and consoles which he sells. He even has an original Neo Geo arcade machine for sale!

He's also my source for older games for the GBA and GameCube :)
I'm sure you'd love him too!

Not anymore. I had quite the collection of Nintendo 64 games when I was younger. I had close to 60 games! That was the most that I ever had. I traded all my Nintendo 64 games and my Nintendo 64 for a Dreamcast way back when. I only ended up having to pay 50 dollars for a Dreamcast which wasn't bad at all, but I wish I never traded all my Nintendo 64 games.

Nice, a real collector here! You know, I've got a collector in my town who has a kind of shop with a lot of retro games and consoles which he sells. He even has an original Neo Geo arcade machine for sale!

He's also my source for older games for the GBA and GameCube :)
I'm sure you'd love him too!

Man, I wish I had enough money to collect arcade machines, an old Neo Geo cabinet would be awesome. I used to have a shop like that in my area but it went out of business. It was small, locally owned, and didn't have insane markups on their games, but unfortunately they went out of business. Now it's a lot of pawn shop jumping, game trading and Ebay... unless the games are new and I can walk into a BestBuy/Walmart for the same price of course.

I've been meaning to catalog or photo my collection but it would be like... an all day project, especially if I included oddities like demos, weird accessories, magazines, etc. Even have a prototype of Blaster Master on the NES packed away somewhere...

I've moved too many times over the years to be able to have a collection for long. I used to work in interesting jobs where I had access to lots of old video games on a constant basis and so for a while I was able to collect a decent collection. However with each move, I ended up selling off my collection because there was no way I could carry all of my stuff with me. I hope that someday I can settle down and restart it and finish it because there's very specific series that I want high end collectibles from.

Like many people, I've been gaming from the Atari days onward. With that, I've built up a huge collection of games. I still have all my games from Atari, NES, Sega Master System, Genesis, SNES, PS1, PS2, and Gamecube. I'm actually going to start looking at how much it's worth.
Like yourself, my gaming history goes way back and so I have an extensive collection of games and consoles. As something of a collector/hoarder, i have kept every game and console I have ever owned with the exception of the N64 which I donated to charity and my Gameboy that I gave away to my niece. I also have a large backlog of games that are unopened that I bought on sale but never got around to playing.

I used to have a lot of games, more so than I already do, but over the years it's dwindled as I've gained and lost consoles to play them on. I'm hoping when I get completely settled, to sit down and enjoy some games I haven't gotten to play but would like to.

Not really. I try my best to try games out before buying. I have had my share of brand new disappointments that scarred me from buying new releases at full price. However, if I can get a chance to try it right after the release and like it, I will more than willingly pay that price. I really don't see the point in keeping games that will never be played in my house either. Seems like a waste of money and space.

I used to have a huge collection between my brother and I. We had a whole cabinet full of video games, but when we lost our house last year we took the majority of them to Game Stop and sold them to get some extra money. It wasn't much money but we really needed it more than we needed the games.

Yup, we never throw anything away (except those that are broken :( *sobs*). I'm just not sure whether all of the games are still functioning after hiding them :confused: This thread makes me want to go and dig up these treasures and play each and every one of them from start to finish :D

I have kept every game I have bought since 1994 , so it's quite a collection of PC,super Nintendo,Sega Genesis,PS 1,PS2,PS3 and Wii or DS games. Many of them carry such fond memories I can't bear to part with them.

I have got from the Playstation 1 Tekken 2 and Tekken 3, Spyro the dragon and still work also Tombraider the original although graphics not that great and Driver 2 a driving game came in 2000 continues on from Driver 1999 game. The ps2 works still and got quite a range, God of war and 2, Spartan warrior, Hulk 2005 game and,Lord of the rings return of the king and Tomb raider Annivarsary and Underworld game still looks good although graphics are old and also Grand theft auto Liberty City stories and Shadow of the Colossus came out in 2005 has 16 great boss fights and Hitman Contracts. In the Ps3 I have Heavenly sword, God of war 3, Batman Arkham City, Tombraider Underworld and Uncharted Drake Fortune a fun game and serious as well at times.

I have got from the Playstation 1 Tekken 2 and Tekken 3, Spyro the dragon and still work also Tombraider the original although graphics not that great and Driver 2 a driving game came in 2000 continues on from Driver 1999 game. The ps2 works still and got quite a range, God of war and 2, Spartan warrior, Hulk 2005 game and,Lord of the rings return of the king and Tomb raider Annivarsary and Underworld game still looks good although graphics are old and also Grand theft auto Liberty City stories and Shadow of the Colossus came out in 2005 has 16 great boss fights and Hitman Contracts. In the Ps3 I have Heavenly sword, God of war 3, Batman Arkham City, Tombraider Underworld and Uncharted Drake Fortune a fun game and serious as well at times.

It's nice to keep things for nostalgia's sake but the real world isn't a very nice place unfortunately. All things are commodities to be bought and sold eventually. As much as I hate parting with my stuff- it's just stuff. I can't keep it when I die and who's to say that any family members will care to keep it.