Amped 2 is the ultimate freestyle experience, offering the largest, most varied trick library of any snowboarding game. Explore vast areas of wide-open, spectacularly rendered real mountains packed with terrain parks designed by world-famous snow park architect, Chris Gunnarson. Play head-to-head with friends in the various multiplayer modes. When you`re ready to take it to the next level, connect to Xbox Live to check rankings and challenge the world`s best virtual riders.
* Multiple multiplayer modes: Via split-screen, LAN, or Xbox Live, Amped 2 offers a ton of multiplayer challenges, both individual and team-based. Go head-to-head with a buddy. Challenge as many as seven other people in a game of Horse, or play a game of 4-vs.-4 King of the Mountain, where each team tries to pull the sickest tricks on different rails and ramps on a run.
* Whole new bag of tricks: Amped 2 takes all the moves from Amped and adds new aerial tricks; advanced grabs; a full set of styled-out rail slides, tweaks, stalls, and hand and foot plants; and introduces “Butter,” the center of a new combo system that allows nose and tail manuals to link tricks together. And, a new tutorial now teaches first timers the basics of freestyle riding.
* World-wide nation of snowboarders via Xbox Live: Who’s got bragging rights? Now, gamers will be able to find out by challenging riders around the globe to see who’s the best. Track stats and check regional and world-wide ladders to see rankings. Trade replays with friends, or download new content, including mountains, gear, challenges, and music.
* Deeper career and portfolio: Gamers now have more opportunities to impress the locals and the press with three levels of media challenges: photos, photo sequences, and video demo reels. As fame builds, sponsors award new gear and boards, and banners appear on the mountains, displaying new endorsements won.
* Ultimate snowboarding environments: Amped 2 goes global with the addition of new mountains, including Laax, Switzerland, Mt. Buller in Australia, and heli-riding Harris Mountain in New Zealand. Fully rendered, 3-D environments bring the mountains alive. Clouds cast shadows that move over the hills, and the runs teem with ambient life and sounds, including other riders, snow-cats, people riding the chairlifts, and working snow machines.
* Professional snowpark design: World-renowned terrain park designer Chris “Gunny” Gunnarson again lends his expertise exclusively to the Amped 2 park design, improving trick placement, adding more trickable objects, and doubling the size of many jumps, making it easier to land in transition.
* More than 300 core indie tracks: Gamers can ride to their own tracks, burnt to the hard disk drive, but may never feel the need, with a library of more than 300 original cuts to listen to from the latest up-and-coming indie artists.
* Greater character customization: Gamers can create and customize their own rider, including hair style, gear, and customized board graphics. Selecting a personality which will come to life as he or she rides.
* Fourteen of the top professionals: Amped 2 features 14 top snowboarding pros, including Jeremy Jones, Mikey LeBlanc, Travis Parker, and Janna Meyen.