E3 is all about big announcements, demos, gameplay footage, and even disappointment. Here is a snapshot summary of some of the details that were declared at Microsoft’s E3 2017.
- Project Scorpio is officially named XBOX One X and can be shortened to XOX, which also means kiss-hug-kiss
- XBOX One X is the most power console ever built, it is also small, about the size of the S model
- XBOX One X will be available November 7,2017 for $499.99
- Microsoft also says that some games will be receiving a free 4k upgrade that will play better on Xbox One X
- Original Xbox games will also be available through a backwards compatibility program; Crimson Skies is the only game officially announced that this time. No word yet if Blinx will be returning… it happened to Bubsy.
- Bioware showed off a new IP called Anthem although singing it before every professional sporting event isn’t required
- Microsoft is bragging that Forza Motorsport 7 will run at a native 4K/60FPS. The only problem is, no one really cares about racing unless it is Mario Kart.
- Dragon Ball Fighter Z was official revealed and looks to be the intense fighting game fans have always wanted
- Crackdown 3 will be arriving November 7 on Xbox One and PC and Terry Crews yelled at everyone
- Assassin’s Creed Origins takes place in ancient Egypt and launches Oct 27, 2017. No word yet if you have to fight disemboweled mummies.
- Black Desert Online is an MMO that will launch exclusively on Xbox One and PC
- Ori and the Blind Forest will be getting a sequel and is called The Will of the Wisps
- After centuries of delays, Cuphead finally has a release date of September 29, 2017
- Lucky’s Tale looks like the Titus mascot or a new Conker title only with less swearing and more collecting of shiny things
- A Life Is Strange sequel was announced that features a lot of smoking
- Metro: Exodus looks pretty sweet and could be open world
- Minecraft is getting updated with 4K visuals to make sure those pixelated textured look smooth and promises crossplay between consoles and mobile
- Rare is betting big on Sea of Thieves and looks like a goofy four-player co-op adventure title in which players can dig for bury treasure, pilot huge ships, and eat whole bananas with the peel
- State of Decay 2 will be launching in Spring 2018 on Xbox One and PC in case you have not killed enough zombies in your life
What's your reaction?
You might also like
There are two types of hard games in the world, the kind that makes you feel like it drove to your home and beats you during your most vulnerable moments – for unknown reasons – and the kind that makes you strive to do better; the kind of hard that you [...]
The Floaty Stick Figure Ninja Is Back For More When N+ hit PCs back in 2004, fans clambered to the floaty ninja action platformer. Eventually ported to Xbox 360 Arcade, Nintendo DS and even PSP in 2008, Metanet Software’s wall jumper was well received on [...]
The New Shovel Knight Nicalis is following their re-release of Cave Story on Switch with Tiny Barbarian DX, originally released on PC in 2013. Developed by StarQuail Games, this 2D action platformer actually looks and plays a lot like Cave Story but [...]